Friday, August 10, 2012

10 Things To Do With Your Kids this Summer, PLUS something for you!

10 Things to do With your kids this Summer, PLUS something for You!

Hi Friends, I hope you all have been having a wonderful summer.  In our house it sure has been eventful!  This has been the first summer for us with a transition.  I say that because last year was the first year of pre-school for my oldest son Kai (3yrs old).  When his first school year ended this past June, it was the first time ever that I found myself saying, what am I going to do with all 3 kids at home for the summer?  My kids ages are 3yrs, 2yrs, 1yr.  How am I going to continue teaching kai, and the other 2 while he has this break?  And last, how am I going to stay sain myself?

Just in case you don't know me very well, I am a organization freak.  I say that in the best way possible.  I live by my calendar, I love to keep the house and our schedules on track and I rarely steer off the scheduled path.  Boring for many I know, but that's how my mind works.  So for the weekly routine to end due to the school year ending, I am now finding myself in a bit of a struggle.  So what do I do you might ask.......I do what all organized people do.....I grab a pen and pad of paper and I make a LIST :) 

Here is what my LIST (which I LOOOVVEEE to make daily, weekly, monthly, by projects, by areas of the house, by groups...etc...I am sure you get my craziness) looks like:

Wayman Summer FUN with my "3 Water Babies"
1) Swim Classes.....only $2 to go to open swim days
2) Costa Mesa Train Rides - Free
3) Continue to go over Alphabet, Colors, and Numbers Daily
4) Thursdays - Farmers Market and can squeeze in the Farm at the Fairgrounds
5) The O.C. Equestrian Center - Free to walk around and see all the horses
6) Color / Draw / Sticker Fun once a day
7) Kids books - Read a book to kids, have them read it back to me
8) PARK, PARK, PARK
9) Project - have them help me
10) Cook in the kitchen,- have them help me
**VBS - We missed the cut off this year but will be sure to register early next year.

Wow, I am tired just looking at this list.  Now, for some of you moms you might be thinking, why don't you just put them in summer school or summer camp, which most cities offer.  Well, the cost is one reason, but as much as I would love to do that Kai is still to young.  For most of those summer camps or programs your kids have to be 5 or older....so we are not there yet.  

While I hope this list might give you some ideas for things to do daily with your kids during these last few weeks of summer, here is what I do for myself.  Aside from my Craft LIST, I love to read books.  Not because I am the fastest reader but because I love to sit by myself with no interruptions.  If I am lost in a good book, that is some good quiet time for me. 

Here is my most recent book purchase:

"The Scarlet Thread" 
by Francine Rivers

"TWO WOMEN, centuries apart, are joined through a tattered journal as they contend with GOD, husbands, even themselves, until they fall into the arms of the one who loves the unconditionally"

http://francinerivers.com/

She is a New York Time Bestseller and I have heard great things about her books.  I will be starting her book this week and would love for you to join me in this book read.  My goal is to finish it by August 31st.  Remember I have 3 kids.....really 3 babies so finding this quiet time is tricky, so I need to give myself a few weeks :)  

Happy Reading and Thanks for stopping by!! 


Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment